The Chadwell Award provides a bridge between art school and practice as a professional artist by giving a recent Fine Art MA graduate a free studio in Bow, London for a year, together with a bursary of £1,000. In addition there will be a discretionary purchase grant of up to £4,000 to buy a work from the award holder at their end-of-award show.
To be eligible to apply for the Chadwell Award 2019 you must:
- be in your final year in one of:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art at The Royal Academy Schools
- MA Painting at the Royal College of Art
- MFA or MA in Fine Art at the Slade School of Fine Art
- be in financial need i.e. the award will enable you to devote more time to your studio practice
- have an artistic practice that uses or is informed by the media of painting and/or drawing. However, we are not able to consider your application if the final form of presentation of your work is time-based media or photography
- submit a completed application, both emailed and hard copy version, by 2pm on Thursday 4th April 2019
- confirm that you have the right to remain in the UK for the duration of the award
The award panel, which will consist of the two founders of the Chadwell Award, two artists and an arts professional will review the applications and select a shortlist. The award holder will then be selected by taking into account:
- the application
- the applicant’s work for their final year show
- an informal interview at the final year show
The award period will begin on the 1st October 2019 for one year. The studio will be a Bow Arts studio in their complex at 183 Bow Road, London E3. The studio is for the award holder’s exclusive use. It is 5.4m x 3.24m and has natural light.